Tuesday, October 10, 2017

BONUS CONTENT: 'The feeling of home' blog

I keep up with an active blog on my personal/professional website, and this week I wrote about 'The feeling of home' -- inspired by some of our class discussions, reading materials, and personal life moments.

Here's a quick highlight:

Connecting the lessons I’ve learned in the past year, I realize that central to this idea of homemaking is the feeling of home in my own body. In California, I was eating and acting at optimal weight – and felt weightless about my health worries. In Ohio, I’ve always struggled to find myself ‘at home’ in my own body; I wonder now if this psychological dissociation of ‘home-seeking’ in Ohio has prevented me from remaining truly ‘at home’ in my own body.
Just as I wrote about this new homecoming on my blog last month, fellow blogger and Internet acquaintance Candace Rose Rardon phrased it this way: “the greatest homecoming of all [is] coming home to ourselves.”

Happy Reading Day!

-bnb

No comments:

Post a Comment